An early morning fire shut down Cabela's, one of the state of Michigan's biggest tourist destinations. The fire broke out inside the 225,000 square foot Cabela’s facility in Dundee, MI at 2:30 a.m. in a light fixture above the clothing department and spread soot and smoke odor throughout the interior of the retail building. Thankfully, no one was hurt in the fire that started in a ceiling light fixture.
The smoke and chemicals used to put out the flames spread a sooty film throughout the store and accordingly the clothing all had to go. The Rainbow International Restoration Company of Monroe, MI quickly arrived on the scene to clean and deodorize the entire store, including the many animal mounts and other contents, and the store was reopened in 4 days. Odorox hydroxyl machines were used throughout the facility to eliminate the smoke and soot odors and deodorize the structure and contents, including the HVAC ducting.