Working with a Hydroxyl Generator is as simple as plugging in the machine and letting it run. Even the initial setup of the machine is simple. We’re going to walk you through this step by step to make setup of your new Hydroxyl Generator as easy as possible.
All machines purchased from Odorox® Hydroxyl Group come with a manual, and if you lose it, all are available on our help page. Let’s get started!
- Remove the plastic covering from the generator.
- Plug in the power cord - a red light will signal that the machine is plugged in.
- Remove the side panels on the machine. All machines come with a key to unlock the clips on the side panels. Unlock and unclip these tabs - once this is done, the side panels will easily pop off with a gentle tug.
- You will see foam inserts inside the casing. These need to be removed. They are strictly to keep the UV Optics protected during the shipping process. Remove them and discard.
- Plug each of the UV Optics into the harness. Depending on the machine you purchase, you will have two or three optics. **Important - the harness does NOT twist. Just push the optics into place! **
- Reassemble the side panels and lock them back up!
Your hydroxyl generator is now ready to go!
First Use of your Hydroxyl Generator
Now that your generator is ready to use, it’s time to put it to the test on a job site. During your first use of the machine, or even during a test run to ensure the machine is ready to go, follow these simple steps.
- Plug in the generator. Remember, a red light means power is flowing to the machine.
- Plug in the air machine. If you have a Boss XL3 - you must use an air machine with the Hydroxyl Generator or it will not work.
- The generator must be next to the air intake of the air machine.
- Turn on the air machine, and a green light will turn on, indicating that power is flowing to the air machine.
- Open up the side panel, and with your UV Glasses (included with your generator) on, make sure all of your UV Optics are on and working.
If all are lit, you can start using the machine on all jobs!
It is important to remember that regular cleaning and maintenance of your Hydroxyl generator will keep it in tip top shape for many years. Read our how-to guide to cleaning your Hydroxyl generator for more information.
As always, the team at Odorox® Hydroxyl Group is here to help if you experience any issues or have any questions during the set up, or life of, your hydroxyl generator. Visit our website for more information today!